Chapter 1. General Provisions
- Article 1: “East Asia Eel Society (EASEC)” shall be the general name of this organization, hereinafter referred to as the Society.
- Article 2: The main office of the Society shall be 1-1-1 Yayoi, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo.
Chapter 2. Objectives
- Article 3: The objectives of the Society shall be to contribute toward the development of eel research and to disseminate knowledge about eels.
- Article 4: The Society carries out the following to achieve the objectives in Article 2:
- Organization of lectures and study meetings
- Publication of periodicals
- Other actives that are necessary to achieve the objectives of the Society
Chapter 3. Membership
- Article 5: Membership of the Society is open to individuals or organizations who agree with the objectives of the Society. The membership in the Society shall be classified into the following four types:
- 1 Regular membership (Individuals)
- 2 Corporate membership (Organizations)
- 3 Supporting membership (Individuals or organizations)
- 4 Student membership (Students)
- Article 6: Individuals or organizations who wish to join the Society must submit the application form and be approved by the Board of Directors.
- Article 7: Members shall pay the annual membership fees, which are used to meet the expenses for the activities of the Society. Paid membership fees are non-refundable.
- Article 8: Members may be expelled from the Society for any of the following reasons:
- 1 If the member violates the Society's constitution, rules, or regulations of the Society
- 2 If the member dishonors the Society or acts contrary to the objective of the Society
- 3 If there are other justifiable reasons
- Article 9: Members may lose their qualification for any of the following reasons:
- 1 If the member fails to fulfill the payment obligation in Article 7
- 2 If all the Society’s members reach an agreement
- 3 If the member is deceased or dissolved
Chapter 4. General Meeting
- Article 10: The General Meeting of the Society shall be composed of the regular members of the Society.
- Article 11: The General Meeting is the Society’s decision-making body where the regular members make a resolution on matters including changes to the constitution and the annual membership fee as well as other issues.
- 2. Resolutions at the General Meeting shall be adopted by more than half of the voting rights held by the participating regular members.
- Article 12: There shall be two types of General Meeting: Ordinary General Meeting (held once a year) and Extraordinary General Meeting (held if necessary)
- Article 13: The General Meeting shall be convened by the President based on a resolution of the Board of Directors.
Chapter 5. Officers
- Article 14: The officers of the Society shall include:
- 15 members of the Board of Directors
- No more than 2 Auditors
- 2. The President shall be appointed from among the members of the Board of Directors
- Article 15: The members of the Board of Directors and auditors shall be elected by a resolution of the General Meeting.
- 2. The President shall be elected from among the members of the Broad of Directors based on a resolution of the Board of Directors.
- 3. The two Vice Presidents shall be elected from among the members of the Board of Directors other than the President.
- Article 16: Personnel in charge of the following duties are appointed as Executive Directors: General Affairs
- General Affairs
- Public Relations
- Regional Affairs
- Article 17: The Society shall have a Board of Directors
- 2. The Board of Director shall be composed of all Directors.
- Article 18: The Board of Directors shall perform the following duties:
- 1) Resolutions of execution of the Society’s activities
- 2) Direction of execution of duties by the Directors
- Article 19: The President shall convene the Board of Directors and serve as the Chairman
- Article 20: A resolution of the Board of Directors shall be adopted by more than half of the votes of the Directors.
Chapter 7. Finance
- Article 21: The assets of the Society shall consist of the membership fees and other revenue.
- Article 22: The fiscal year of the Society shall begin on the first of May and end at the end of February.
- Article 23: The financial and business reports shall be prepared by the President after the end of the fiscal year and be approved by the Board of Directors
- 2 The financial and business reports with the approval of the Board of Directors shall be reported to and approved by the members participating in the Annual General Meeting.
- Article 24: Necessary matters other than those provided in the Constitution shall be determined separately.
- 1. The regulations have come into effect since March 31, 2017
- Article 1: These prescribed regulations, based on Article 6 of the Constitution of the East Asia Eel Society (EASEC), shall aim at providing for necessary matters concerning memberships of EASEC and payment of the annual membership fees.
- Article 2: The members of the Society shall be those whose membership is approved pursuant to Article 6 in the Constitution.
- 2 Individuals or organizations who wish to join the Society must submit the application form and be approved by the Board of Directors.
- Article 3: The annual membership fee shall be due for the members of the Society.
- 2. The annual membership fees shall be:
- Regular membership 5,000 yen
- Corporate membership 50,000 yen
- Supporting membership 50,000 yen
- Student membership 1,000 yen
- Article 4. The annual membership fee for the next fiscal year shall be paid in advance and payment shall be received by the end of February in the current fiscal year. The rights of the members shall be suspended if the annual membership fees are not paid.
- 1. These regulations have come into effect since March 31, 2017